What is Reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy. The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words - Rei which means "God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and Ki which is "life force energy". So Reiki is actually "spiritually guided life force energy." Reiki treats the whole person - body, mind and spirit, creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and well-being. Reiki is a simple, natural, safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use.
What Are the Benefits of Reiki?
- Creates deep relaxation and aids the body to release stress and tension
- It accelerates the body’s self-healing abilities
- Aids sleep
- Can help reduce blood pressure
- Helps relieve pain
- Helps improve mental clarity
- Removes energy blockages, adjusts the energy flow of the endocrine system bringing the body into balance and harmony
- Assists the body in cleaning itself from toxins
- Can help to reduce some of the side effects of drugs and helps the body to recover from drug therapy after surgery and chemotherapy
- Helps support the immune system
- Increases vitality and postpones the aging process
- Raises the vibrational frequency of the body
- Helps spiritual growth and emotional clearing
- Helps to restore the overall well-being of your body, mind and spirit